Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Mirror

“The Mirror”

The more I stare into the mirror;  The more I long to turn away
To run and hide and destroy the image
The reflection that stares back at me
A monster more grotesque than I could ever have imagined,
Growing bigger and bigger and more horrible.
The warfare is greater than I can bear at times
Even with the full armour on.
I sometimes am defeated (or feel that way.)
I stare back at the monster in its rage and anger
But I’m not afraid anymore.
And now I recognize the monster---------it’s me.
That sin filled flesh illuminated in the mirror of God’s word.
And I realize that if I keep staring in that mirror
The monster is not so frightening anymore;
And is slowly being transformed into a new creature.

Author’s name withheld by request.

No comments:

Post a Comment