Saturday, March 10, 2018

GOD'S "MARVELOUS WORK" by Stephen Benton (Part 1 of "THE INSTRUCTION OF JEREMIAH"



          THE PASTOR'S PEN


GOD'S " MARVELOUS WORK"

by Stephen Benton


I spoke to some of you last Thursday after the airing of Strange Universe and I was thrilled by your enthusiasm about the confirmation of God's word as it was seen on that program. 
These confirmations of God's word could very well be classified as signs.  But in this case, they are not the negative signs that I so often condemn. These signs issue forth from the grace of God to people who have already believed the messages the Lord has spoken to us out of his Word.

The point was raised in the bible class Wednesday about our inability to believe all of God's report, 100%, immediately.  We are still in the flesh and God, considering our frame and knowing that we are dust, graciously gives us aids to assist us in our human shortcomings where total acceptance of his word is involved.  I thank God for his long-suffering and his tender mercy toward us.

Speaking of God and his word, we have all seen a marvelous work of God in these last days, a work that I would not have believed were it not aforementioned in the word of God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The marvelous work I am referring to is God's judgment of removing his words from the minds of those who do not have an ear to hear his word.          
How many times have you heard me teach on the passage where it reads:

            "...but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Mt. 13:12

We have witnessed the fulfillment of that scripture.  Listening to older tapes I came to realize that here is a case where the word of God was clearly expounded and, for the most part, believed.  The second message given in May last year was preached to an audience where the majority of those present  believed the message. Yet, less than 15 months later, most of those who believed the initial message have "drawn back."
Well, what happened?  Simply this! God keeps his word.  He said in his word if one did not have an ear to hear, whatever the message might be, he would take from them that which they once heard and believed!

Saints, this matter of believing God's word and then continuing in the word is a most serious matter.  God ended the bible class Wednesday evening with a message from 1 Peter regarding the saving act.  It is a fact that we were chosen by the Father before the foundation of the world.  It is a fact that the Holy Ghost later selected those chosen ones and drew them to God, actually supplying them with the faith to enter into that pre-chosen status.  It is a fact that once the Holy Ghost accomplished the will of the Father who chose us that the blood of Jesus then sprinkled us and cleansed us from sin.  But it is also a fact that Jesus said, "if you continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed..."  That aspect of salvation is in the hands of the believer.

Now you might ask the question, after God has performed the first three steps, when someone ceases continuing in the word, do they lose their salvation?  That answer is ultimately in the hands of God. We do know one thing for sure and that is that Jesus has determined that he will spue the bulk of this Church Age out of his mouth. (Rev. 3:16)
Based on one's faithfulness here on earth, we will be assigned different responsibilities in heaven.  I am sure there are different degrees of glory in heaven.  Notice Paul's word on that last statement:

            " There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
            There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
            So also is the resurrection of the dead."

Notice that Paul first points out the fact that the heavenly and earthly bodies are different.  We pretty much know that.  But when he begins addressing the celestial bodies, he elaborates on them, making distinctions between them regarding their glory or brightness.  After showing that all heavenly bodies do not shine with the same brightness, he makes the final statement:  "So also is the resurrection of the dead."  We will not all manifest the same glory in eternity.  Some will simply go to heaven.  Some will go to heaven with honors, rewards and added glory. I want to be in the latter number.

I sometimes imagine being a teacher in heaven and wonder what it would be like dispensing God's knowledge without human limitations, such as getting sleepy when I study or not understanding spiritual things because of my earthliness.

This week I spent a lot of time in the book of Jeremiah.  This book has a special significance to me because when God called me to the ministry he gave me a passage from this book.  I seldom share this but I feel led to share it with  you at this time.  I was seeking the Lord while sitting in the main library in Mansfield, Ohio.  God gave me the following passage:

            " Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,                                              Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.  
            Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
            But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  
            Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
            Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."  Jer.1:4-9
            "Thou therefore gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee: be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them.
            For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.
            And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee." Jer. 1:17- 19

I had an idea of the meaning of those words even back then but I did not realize that their true significance would not kick in until this present time.

[edited for today by Shelley Benton]
Written in the THE WEEKLY WORD OF THE HOUSE OF GOOD NEWS            08/21/1997           
                                   
Part 2 of this message is titled: THE INSTRUCTION OF JEREMIAH on this Blogger

To read more current revelations from Pastor Steve, check out his book published September of 2017 on Amazon.com
 https://smile.amazon.com/Gods-Final-Secret-Stephen-Benton/dp/1976338476/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1509271792&sr=1-1&keywords=god%27s+final+secret+by+stephen+benton

No comments:

Post a Comment